NinjaTrader 8 Connection Guide
Do I need a license to use Ninjatrader?
OneUp Trader provides a FREE license for both Evaluation and trial accounts. You can use the license key listed in the connection guide below.
You are required to have a licensed version of Ninjatrader in order to use the platform once funded for some versions of Ninja Trader. The free license key that we offer can also be used on the NinjaTrader Desktop Version V.8.1 once Funded. The NinjaTrader Desktop Version V.8.1 connection guide can be found here.
Licensing can be paid for either quarterly, semi-annually, annually, or lifetime for versions below V.8.1.
To obtain a license from Ninjatrader, please visit: Ninjatrader License
Can I use my own license key?
Yes, "Rithmic for Ninjatrader Brokerage" or "Rithmic" will work with our OneUpTrader logins. If you already have your own license and that's not a visible option under PROVIDER when you add a connection, then you must contact Ninjatrader Support to enable the OneUpTrader Rithmic connection for your license key.
Our provided License key will automatically have the proper Rithmic server as the only option in adding.
You can email NT support here: email@example.com
NINJATRADER 8 CONNECTION GUIDE
Step 1. Complete RITHMIC Market Data Agreements
Please start with Step 1 before contacting Support. Your NinjaTrader connection will not work until you sign the CME agreements via R-Trader.
- Use the following link to download and install R|Trader Software: R|Trader Pro
- Once installed, a new window will come up, enter your OneUp Trader account username and password in the appropriate fields
- "Username" (USER ID - found in your welcome email)
- "Password" (found in your welcome email)
- “System” dropdown menu, select “Rithmic Paper Trading”
- “Gateway” dropdown menu, If you are in the USA then select CHICAGO, if you are in Europe then select EUROPE or FRANKFURT, and if you are in Asia you will want to select TOKYO or SINGAPORE
- When you connect, you have 2 CME GROUP Documents that you need to agree to.
- Document 1: Click "I Agree" in the first one
- Document 2: select either “Non-Professional” or “Professional” and then "Submit". Please note if you are a professional, OneUp Trader will have to invoice the exchange fee difference monthly to your card on file for the evaluation($405 for all four exchanges). If you are a professional user and are netted with the exchange, please let us know so we can kindly pass that on to our ISV.
- Non-Professional - All regular market data included in your evaluation
- Professional- CME-$105, CBOT-$105, NYMEX-$105, COMEX-$105
Step 2. Ninjatrader 8 Connection Setup
- Download and Install NinjaTrader 8
- From the NinjaTrader control center:
- Navigate to: HELP > LICENSE KEY
- COPY AND INSERT ONEUP TRADER FREE LICENSE KEY that was emailed to you upon signup:
- There are no spaces before, within, or after the license key. If the key you see below includes a space (for example, between the '@' and 'R') please remove this space before pasting the key into the platform
- CLICK: OK
- THEN RESTART NINJATRADER
- NAVIGATE TO CONNECTION > CONFIGURE
- SELECT: Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage
- CLICK: ADD
- RENAME CONNECTION: OneUp Trader
- INPUT USERNAME: Username and Password SENT in your welcome email
- System: Rithmic Paper Trading
- NOTE: If you have your own license key and can select different servers, please choose RIthmic Paper Trading (Chicago)
- FOR USERS THAT HAVE NINJA VERSION 220.127.116.11 AND UP, PLEASE MAKE SURE TO CHECK IN THE BELOW BOX, "Plug-in mode for market data"
- THIS WILL ALLOW YOU SIMULTANEOUSLY TO HAVE R-TRADER AND NINJATRADER OPEN AT THE SAME TIME
- BEFORE CONNECTION TO RITHMIC ON NINJA, PLEASE VERIFY YOUR R-TRADER-PRO SIGNED IN WITH THE "Allow Plug-Ins" TURNED ON
- NAVIGATE TO TOOLS > UNCHECK "Global Simulation Mode"
- CONNECT: Navigate to CONNECTION > ONEUP Trader and Connect to your newly added OneUp Trader connection
- Once successfully connected, you should see a green box on the bottom left of your NinjaTrader that says “Connected to Rithmic/Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage"
PLEASE REMEMBER TO TRADE INTO YOUR ONEUP TRADER ACCOUNT AND NOT THE LOCAL SIM101 NINJA ACCOUNT. WE CAN NOT SEE THESE RESULTS, AND WE CAN NOT ACCEPT ANY RESULTS FROM THEM. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, PLEASE LET ONEUP TRADER'S SUPPORT KNOW.
NINJATRADER 8 TRAINING GUIDE