NinjaTrader 7 Connection Guide
Do I need a license to use Ninjatrader?
OneUp Trader provides a FREE NinjaTrader license for all evaluation account. Please follow the connection guide below.
Can I use my own license key?
Yes, "Rithmic for Ninjatrader Brokerage" or "Rithmic" will work with our OneUpTrader logins. If you already have your own license and that's not a visible option under PROVIDER when you add a connection, then you must contact Ninjatrader Support to enable OneUpTrader Rithmic connection for your license key.
Our provided License key will automatically have the proper Rithmic server as the only option in adding.
You can email NT support here: email@example.com
What version do I need?
You will need Ninjatrader update 35 or higher if using our license key provided below.
NINJATRADER 7 CONNECTION GUIDE
Step 1. Complete RITHMIC Market Data Agreements
Please start with Step 1 before contacting Support. Your NinjaTrader connection will not work until you sign the CME agreements via R-Trader.
- Use the following link to download and install R|Trader Software: R|Trader
- Once installed, a new window will come up, enter your OneUp Trader account username and password in the appropriate fields
- "Username" (USER ID - found in your welcome email)
- "Password" (found in your welcome email)
- “System” dropdown menu, select “Rithmic Paper Trading”
- “Gateway” dropdown menu, If you are in the USA then select CHICAGO, if you are in Europe then select EUROPE or FRANKFURT, and if you are in Asia you will want to select TOKYO or SINGAPORE
- When you connect, you have 2 CME GROUP Documents that you need to agree to.
- Document 1: Click "I Agree" in the first one
- Document 2: select either “Non-Professional” or “Professional” and then "Submit". Please note if you are a professional, OneUp Trader will have to invoice the exchange fee difference monthly to your card on file for the evaluation($405 for all four exchanges). If you are a professional user and are netted with the exchange, please let us know so we can kindly pass that on to our ISV.
- Non-Professional - All regular market data included in your evaluation
- Professional- CME-$105, CBOT-$105, NYMEX-$105, COMEX-$105
Important Note: If your username/password doesn’t work, try to COPY and PASTE it from your login email.
Step 2. Ninjatrader 7 Connection
Important Note: YOU MUST USE NINJATRADER 7 - VER. 37 or GREATER
2. From the NinjaTrader control center:
Navigate to: HELP > LICENSE KEY
- COPY AND INSERT ONEUP TRADER FREE LICENSE KEY that was emailed to you upon signup:
- There are no spaces before, within, or after the license key. If the key you see below includes a space (for example, between the '@' and 'R') please remove this space before pasting the key into the platform
- CLICK: OK
- THEN RESTART NINJATRADER
- NAVIGATE TO TOOLS > ACCOUNT CONNECTIONS
- INSERT Username and Password sent in your welcome email type: (Credentials in email)
- If it is selected, uncheck Global Sim Mode
- Navigate to FILE > CONNECT > ONEUP TRADER and Connect to your newly added OneUp Trader connection
- Once succesfully connected you should see a green box on the bottom left of your NinjaTrader that says “Connected to Rithmic/Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage"
PLEASE REMEMBER TO TRADE INTO YOUR ONEUP TRADER ACCOUNT AND NOT THE LOCAL SIM101 NINJA ACCOUNT. WE CAN NOT SEE THESE RESULTS AND WE CANNOT ACCEPT ANY RESULTS FROM THEM. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS PLEASE LET ONEUP SUPPORT KNOW.
NINJATRADER 7 GUIDE